Welcome to Wall Street, Main Street and Me


Thursday, May 22, 2014

/CL Update 5/22/14



Okay, here's today's update. Still climbing, but I really didn't have time to trade much. I believe i'm satisfied at this juncture, that trading Sweet Crude Oil futures in small increments (day trading) works! And I'm not terribly focused since I'm working a part time job, writing a book, caring for three animals, and trying to win the lottery! Paper trading is not my idea of a good time. But when the market doesn't support the "contrarian view" of Tasty Trade, I choose to do futures!

When/if I get a real $ fund again, AND the market decides to stop being insane (go up, go up, never come down, go up, go up....like a bad fantasy), then perhaps I'll get back to my option trading (which I dearly love, but I like winning better.). ##

2 comments:

  1. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMay 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM

    Hello! Awesome blog you've got here. After reading about your journey, I decided to try day trading future's like you've suggested in your previous posts but cant' seem to have the same results as you do :(
    Are you still using the 7,70,30 on RSI and 8,11,9 on Macd or have you started using something else? Any tips for a beginner? I hope this doesn't sound like too much spoon feeding but I've been day trading for a couple of weeks now without any positive results.

    Thank you so much for all the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I moved the Wilder RSI down to 5, 70, 30 and the MACD at 5,11, 9. (just fooling around trying to see what works best. I don't really know that these are
      the optimum settings???) I've been messing a lot with the chart itself, and am back to 133 ticks (instead of minutes). I would advise you to papertrade for awhile until you start doing well. It takes a bit of time to get the rhythm of the thing going, I think. BEst of luck to you, thanks for reading and let us hear how you're
      doing.

      Bev

      Delete